Share your recovery story and experiences in an effort to support peers in maintaining recovery
Interact with members in person and over the phone in order to aid in recovery from addiction
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
The Recovery Coach will have lived experience with addiction and/or co-occurring mental health disorders and have been trained to help their peers with a similar experience to gain hope, explore recovery and achieve life goals. Recovery Coaches are actively engaged in their own personal recovery and share their recovery story and experiences in an effort to support members in obtaining and maintaining recovery.
- Outreach and engage members with recovery needs in the community.
- Utilize recovery based practices and motivational interviewing to build rapport with members in the community.
- Complete behavioral health and substance use assessments, as well as, assist members in developing a comprehensive Wellness Plan and Relapse Prevention Plan/s.
- Maintain a caseload of up to 30 members to include responsibility for all daily/weekly/monthly documentation and insurance requirements.
- Maintain weekly communication with members; interact with members in person and over the phone in order to aid in recovery from addiction.
- Provide information on community, wellness and recovery resources that meet the member’s needs.
- Coordinate and assist in connecting members to addiction and recovery support providers and services, including MAT; using personal vehicle for transportation.
- Accompany members to provider appointments and meetings to enhance the recovery experience (AA, Faith Based, etc.) using personal vehicle for transportation.
- Communication and collaboration with established natural supports and community providers.
High School Diploma or GED. Recovery Coach Training (must be EOHHS approved). Lived experience in Recovery, with at least 2 years' continuous abstinence if in personal recovery. Reliable vehicle required; driving record will be verified.
A short-term program which provides intensive case management services to clients who are considered to be "at risk" within the community... read more
Date posted: 9/19/2023
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780