Help clients develop the necessary resources they need to live successfully in the community
Ensure enactment of each client's Individual Service Plan
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
This position will provide case management and intake for those who are in the permanent supportive housing programs through Community Counseling of Bristol County, in addition clients of the Steward Health ACO will be served with case management services geared toward housing stability and nutrition. Case manager will work collaboratively with team members and outside agencies to ensure service needs are met.
- Provide Housing supports for those entering the Permanent Supportive Housing programs to ensure clients maintain housing
- Provide case management services in the areas of basic living skills, physical and mental health needs, substance use recovery, and housing stability
- Create and follow a move on plan with clients of the Permanent Supportive Housing programs
- Ensure guidelines are met for qualifying clients for permanent supportive housing prior to program entry
- Ensure periodic reviews and guidelines are met in accordance with HUD standards for Permanent Supportive Housing, including but not limited to yearly Housing Quality Standards Inspections, yearly review of income and rent calculations, and regular reviews of service plan for client
- Meet with clients regularly depending on needs of the client with a minimum of monthly contact with permanent supportive housing clients.
- Ensure all documentation presented in the client files in accordance with program guidelines
- Maintain accurate and timely case notes for each client served
- Assist with locating and obtaining housing for clients in ACO programming who are identified as homeless
- Assist with disbursement of flex funds for eligible clients in ACO program for services available through the funds including but not limited to, security deposits, first month’s rent, and transportation
- Follow the case plan provided for ACO clients to ensure housing stability
- Assist with maintaining housing through eviction process through assistance with mediation and negotiation with landlord.
- Complete all documentation in a timely fashion, including incident reporting
- Participate in all required meetings and trainings including but not limited to Continuum of Care meetings as assigned
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership
This position requires a bachelor's degree and skills related to the delivery of rehabilitation, support, or housing service elements; Familiarity with housing first, recovery and rehabilitation principles.
Must have at least two years of human services related with at least one year with the adults who have a history of chronic homelessness, mental illness/and or substance abuse; Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal and computer skills.
Other Job Requirements
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
To choose where you live, how it is furnished, with whom you share it – why should mental illness deprive anyone of these basic rights... read more
Date posted: 8/19/2020
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780