Help clients develop the necessary resources they need to live successfully in the community
Ensure enactment of each client's Individual Service Plan
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
Case Manager/Community Health Worker to work in hybrid role providing support to individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in both flex services program and permanent Supported Housing Program.
- Provide Housing supports for those entering the Permanent Supportive Housing programs to ensure clients maintain housing
- Provide case management services in the areas of basic living skills, physical and mental health needs, substance use recovery, and housing stability
- Create and follow a move on plan with clients of the Permanent Supportive Housing programs
- Ensure guidelines are met for qualifying clients for permanent supportive housing prior to program entry
- Ensure periodic reviews and guidelines are met in accordance with HUD standards for Permanent Supportive Housing, including but not limited to yearly Housing Quality Standards Inspections, yearly review of income and rent calculations, and regular reviews of service plan for client
- Meet with clients regularly depending on needs of the client with a minimum of monthly contact with permanent supportive housing clients.
- Ensure all documentation presented in the client files in accordance with program guidelines
- Maintain accurate and timely case notes for each client served
- Assist with locating and obtaining housing for clients in ACO programming who are identified as homeless
- Assist with disbursement of flex funds for eligible clients in ACO program for services available through the funds including but not limited to, security deposits, first month’s rent, and transportation
- Follow the case plan provided for ACO clients to ensure housing stability
- Assist with maintaining housing through eviction process through assistance with mediation and negotiation with landlord.
- Complete all documentation in a timely fashion, including incident reporting
- Participate in all required meetings and trainings including but not limited to Continuum of Care meetings as assigned
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year experience, or 3-5 years’ experience working with individuals with a history of homelessness, as well as mental health and substance use disorders. Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal and computer skills.
Other Job Requirements
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
To choose where you live, how it is furnished, with whom you share it – why should mental illness deprive anyone of these basic rights... read more
Date posted: 6/15/2020
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780