Conduct screening, assessment for substance abuse & other addictions, risk, and treatment needs
Work collaboratively with persons served to understand how addiction and/or substance abuse impact all areas of life
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC is hiring a Recovery Specialist Supervisor to join our Co-Occurring Enhanced Residential Rehabilitation Services (COE-RRS) Program, Tuesday through Saturday, 10am - 6pm.
- Conduct supervision with recovery specialist on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop and manage the monthly staff schedule including mandates to ensure coverage of the program
- Ensure that all needed hygiene and nutrition needs of residents are met (Meal planning for the month as well as meal shopping).
- Transportation coordination with other COE RRS program to ensure that all residents get to and from all required appointments.
- Review of weekly group attendance and weekend pass approval for all residents.
- Assist with completing all new intakes for the COE RRS program.
- Medication observation with all residents.
- Assess and track clients’ stages of change and stages of treatment readiness.
- Conduct outreaches utilizing evidence-based practices such as motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral approaches and relapse prevention; consistent with clients' stage of change and/or readiness.
- The Recovery Specialist Supervisor will work collaboratively with residents to understand how addiction and/or substance misuse impacts all areas of life.
- Address consequences of use regardless of stages of change and supporting readiness, relapse prevention and long-term recovery.
- The Recovery Specialist Supervisor will provide community based resources for any substance abuse related concerns and mental health as needed by resident.
- The Reovery Specialist Supervisor will report to the Program Director/Clinical Director on a daily basis to seek guidance, supervision and support.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in human services plus three years of relevant experience or five years of experience as a substance abuse counselor. Addictions/Substance Abuse Certification preferred, or must be working towards such.
In addition to education/training requirements, must have at least one year of experience working with the adult mentally ill population; provide supervision to the recovery support specialist; knowledge of recovery resources; experience with diverse populations; experience facilitating groups and recovery-based activities; must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal, and computer skills.
Knowledge of Core Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; and must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
To choose where you live, how it is furnished, with whom you share it – why should mental illness deprive anyone of these basic rights... read more
Date posted: 8/29/2022
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780