Ensure clients' safety and well-being
Provide brief solution focused interventions when needed
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC is hiring Residential Treatment Counselors for our new Co-Occurring Enhanced Residential Rehabilitation Services (COE-RRS) Program. There are two positions open:
Sunday through Thursday, 7am to 3pm
Tuesday through Saturday, 6am to 2pm
Staff will provide direct individual, group, educational, clinical or case management services to clients. Staff will be responsible for participating in the individual’s treatment plan, providing direct care and facilitating a therapeutic milieu through meetings and groups.
Responsible for providing care coordination services to program clients and program service delivery including:
- Applicants should have knowledge of substance use disorders;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism and boundaries;
- Conduct and document groups;
- Complete client admissions;
- Complete property searches, monitor clients while maintaining a therapeutic, safe and calm unit
- Observation and accounting of patients at all times insuring safety (hourly checks) as well as documentation
- Preparing meals for all residents
- Provide transportation to and from appointments
- Provide medication observation pass with all residents
- Conduct weekly grocery shopping for the program
- Attends required meetings and mandatory trainings
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or experience or specific skills related to the delivery of rehabilitation, support, or housing service elements; Familiarity with housing first, recovery and rehabilitation principles.
Must have at least two years of human services related work with at least one year with adults who have a history of mental illness/and substance misuse; Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal and computer skills. Experience in running groups preferred.
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
To choose where you live, how it is furnished, with whom you share it – why should mental illness deprive anyone of these basic rights... read more
Date posted: 1/3/2023
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780