Ensure clients' safety and well-being
Provide brief solution focused interventions when needed
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC is hiring Residential Treatment Counselors for our Co-Occurring Enhanced Residential Rehabilitation Services (COE-RRS) Program. Hours are 3pm-11pm, Sunday through Thursday.
Utilizing experience in either substance use or mental health use disorder counseling, staff will provide direct individual, group, educational, clinical or case management services to clients. Staff will be responsible for participating in the individual's treatment plan, providing direct care and facilitating a therapeutic milieu through meetings and groups.
Responsible for providing clients and program service delivery including:
- Counselor will provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and clinical groups
- Counselor will be in charge with assisting patients with techniques for handling their substance use disorder and mental health disorder
- Complete client admissions
- Monitor residents progress and properly maintain patient records in our electronic medical record system
- Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during individual and or group setting
- Observation and accounting of patients at all times insuring safety (hourly checks) as well as documentation
- Complete client admissions
- Counselor may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient teaching projects
- Respond, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints
- Provides transportation as needed
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
This position requires a bachelor's degree or experience or specific skills related to the delivery of rehabilitation, support, or housing service elements; Familiarity with housing first, recovery and rehabilitation principles.
Must have at least two years of human services related work with at least one year with adults who have a history of mental illness/and substance misuse; Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal and computer skills. Experience in running groups preferred.
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
To choose where you live, how it is furnished, with whom you share it – why should mental illness deprive anyone of these basic rights... read more
Date posted: 12/29/2022
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780