Working with one individual at a time, establish and support the client's Recovery Plan by helping to set short term goals and motivate the person toward recovery
Educate clients and staff about addiction and utilize motivational enhancement techniques
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC is hiring Recovery Coaches for the Taunton Peer Recovery Support Center. Provide services to adults with Substance Use and Co-Occurring Disorders. Working with one individual at a time, establish and support the client's Recovery Plan by helping to set short term goals and motivate the person toward recovery. Develop a helpful, confidential and supportive relationship with clients and provide informal guidance, act as a sounding board, and build client's confidence and hope.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in engaging with clients identified with substance use (SU) and co-occurring disorders, addressing barriers to successful recovery and serving as role model, ally, and advocate
- Works collaboratively with treatment team to implement evidence-based services to patients with SU and co-occurring disorders
- Conducts active outreach efforts to encourage community activities and participation in recovery-oriented, and self-help groups
- Educates clients and staff about addiction and utilizes motivational enhancement techniques to explore ambiguity and tip the scales toward treatment
- Provides peer coaching and supports clients in establishing treatment goals and achieving and maintaining recovery via multiple pathways
- Is available to provide support to patients in immediate risk of relapse or for other time-sensitive matters during and outside of regular business hours
- Helps clients navigate the healthcare system and social service system
- Assists with access to treatment for SU and co-occurring conditions, creating systems and procedures to rapidly identify treatment needs and determine appropriate level of care.
- Assists with data collection for quality assurance and program evaluation
- Meets clients with SU co-occurring disorders prior to discharge from facilities and facilitates client access to next stage of treatment
- Serves as a liaison between the recovery community, the addiction treatment system, the medical treatment system, and the patient’s community, family, and social context to facilitate connections across systems of care
- May facilitate and/or co-facilitate weekly recovery support group(s)
Recovery Coach will perform the following functions: (1) model skills and consultation; (2) provides cross-training to other staff on the team to help them develop assessment and treatment skills.
- Provide range of recovery oriented services;
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation, of clinical interventions related to substance use (SU) co-occurring disorders;
- Engage with persons in order to monitor and assess active SU and co-occurring disorders;
- Organize and supervise the delivery of addictions related interventions for clients;
- Provide support to individuals in recovery;
- Model Recovery based engagement technique for Team staff;
- Coordinate curriculum and provide training and support to Team members related to general SU as well as Co-Occurring Disorders or specific clients at risk based on substance use;
- Provide information and referral information to clients and Team staff
- Complete documentation according to guidelines
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership
This position requires bachelor’s degree in human services or 3 years of human service/behavioral healthcare experience, a Certification as a Recovery Coach, and three (3) years relevant experience.
In addition to education/training requirements, must have : Lived experience and ability to use that experience to serve others, preferred; Experience assessing substance abuse and mental health disorders; Knowledge of recovery resources; Experience with diverse populations; Experience facilitating groups and recovery-based activities; Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal and computer skills.
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
Date posted: 9/14/2023
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780