Process referrals from over 80 schools in Bristol County
Help maintain working relationship between CCBC and all of the individual schools and central administration
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC has been providing comprehensive school-based counseling services for the past 35 years. We currently have relationships with over 80 schools across 12 different school districts in Bristol County. The Intake Coordinator for School-Based Therapy works in collaboration with Coordinator of School-Based Therapy maintaining working relationships between CCBC and all the individual schools and central administration involved in the network. This is a newly created position because of substantial growth and expansion in our school-based program.
- accepting, processing, tracking and ensuring that all referrals to the School Based Counseling Program are responded to in a timely manner.
- reaching out to referred families to explain how School Based Counseling works, along with obtaining permission to have a clinician schedule an Intake Assessment
- assisting the Coordinator of School-Based Therapy in assigning cases and tracking referrals until the clinician has initiated treatment, to ensure that no referred child is unaccounted for
- maintaining a half time caseload of school and clinic-based clients
- reports to the Coordinator of School Based Therapy
Master's degree. License eligible for LMHC or LICSW preferred. Experience/ familiarity with adolescent substance abuse and Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) with children, adolescents, and families. The candidate must possess good organizational skills, as well as effective verbal, written and computer skills.
Date posted: 9/30/2021
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Thea Dickinson-Rowles, LMHC, Director of Children’s Clinic-Based Services (email@example.com)
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780