One of the leading PACT programs within the state, offering career development in an evidenced-based practice model
Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
Assist mentally ill clients to forge their own personal path of recovery
Serve as a mentor to promote hope, resilience and empowerment
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
Seeking a Peer Specialist for our Taunton/Attleboro PACT team. PACT (Program of Assertive Community Treatment) is a comprehensive, community-based psychiatric program providing a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to adults with chronic mental illness and some with co-occurring addictions, and/or chronic medical problems.
Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team that also includes a prescriber, nurses, vocational specialists, licensed social workers, housing specialists, and addictions specialist. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading PACT programs within the state, offering career development in an evidenced-based practice model.
- Provide range of rehabilitation, support, supervision, and housing services
- Provide individual and group peer support
- Serve as a linkage to the Recovery Learning Community
- Provide recovery resource information to clients and staff
- Serve as a mentor to promote hope, resilience and empowerment
- Participate in advocacy efforts and anti-stigma campaigns
- Complete documentation in a timely fashion, including incident reporting
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership
Must have lived experience as a person in recovery with at least two years of sustained recovery time; experience working with diverse populations; must possess good organizational skills, and effective written, verbal and computer skills.
There is no specific educational requirement for the position but certification as a Certified Peer Specialist is expected within one year of hire; and certification as a WRAP trainer is a plus. A degree in human services and/or relevant experience working with mentally ill adults preferred. Knowledge of recovery process and core values of the recovery movement.
A multi-disciplinary team which provides the treatment, rehabilitation and support services needed to enable adults with severe and persistent mental illness to engage in an individual process of recovery... read more
Date posted: 1/4/2021