One of the leading PACT programs within the state, offering career development in an evidenced-based practice model
Empowers the team by modeling strong leadership and conveying the philosophy and principles of the program
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
Seeking full-time Lead Clinician for Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) in the Brockton service area. PACT is a comprehensive, community-based psychiatric program providing a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to adults with chronic mental illness and some with co-occurring addictions, Axis II and/or chronic medical problems. Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team that also includes a prescriber, two other nurses, vocational specialists, licensed social workers, housing specialists, addictions specialist and a recovery specialist.
The team member we seek is someone with a high level of self motivation, good personal boundaries and a firm belief in the principles of hope and recovery from mental illness. A combination of exceptional clinical and organizational skills is required. Some job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains communication with the PACT Director / Team Leader around team functioning and service delivery
- Empowers the team by modeling strong leadership and conveying the philosophy and principles of PACT
- Promotes cross-training/education among various disciplines on the PACT team
- Facilitates a productive decision-making process around consumer needs
- Provides supervision and education regarding psychotherapeutic techniques and treatment strategies
- Supervise the medical record documentation to ensure quality and accuracy
- Provide on-call crisis interventions and back up according to team's policy
- Participate in engaging and motivating team clients in all of the treatment goals of the client while providing direct service
- Act as a primary case manager to consumers and provide individual therapy as part of their individual treatment teams
Competitive salary and benefit package.
A Masters degree in social work, psychiatric rehabilitation or counseling with license or eligible is required. A recovery orientation and supervisory/program management experience preferred. PACT positions are outreach positions and applicants are required to work with clients in their homes and in community settings. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. One evening shift (12-8pm) per week and every fifth weekend required.
A multi-disciplinary team which provides the treatment, rehabilitation and support services needed to enable adults with severe and persistent mental illness to engage in an individual process of recovery... read more
Date posted: 2/28/2020