Provide intensive support for clients who need in-depth assistance
Assess, identify, and address the needs of the IDU, MSM, and WAR populations
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
HIV/AIDS Case Management and Health-Related Support Services is now hiring for a Full-time Intensive Case Manager. You would provide intensive support for clients who need in-depth assistance. Assess, identify, and address the needs of the IDU, MSM, and WAR populations. Connect clients to services and assist in overcoming obstacles to care.
- Provide case management for individuals, including referrals to and follow up with local medical, mental health (CCBC), community support and assistance programs.
- Maintain an updated listing of related resources and referrals, and make those listings available to all clients, support group members, other service providers, and the general community.
- Ensure programmatic accessibility of services for all persons, including those with disabilities, or whose first language is not English.
- Ensure that services are accurate and linguistically appropriate for the targeted populations.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained in all aspects of case management and linkages.
- Assist clients in the application process of entitlement programs.
- Attend and participate, at the discretion of the Program Director, any appropriate community based organizations to ensure optima linkage and collaboration within the serve area.
- Oversee procurement of and distribute food bank packages to eligible clients.
- Attend weekly administrative supervision with the Program Director and attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend DPH mandated case management training, DPH case management forums, and other appropriate trainings.
- Maintain updated client files, ensuring that all necessary records and paperwork is current.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills.
Education / Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in human services preferred, two to three years of experience in the field.
Possession of the knowledge and sensitivity of the varied needs of a diverse population of clients, strong knowledge of substance abuse recovery issues, capacity to be flexible to meet client needs.
Other Job Requirements:
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision, and ability to focus. The employee is expected to drive a personal vehicle and maintain proper vehicle insurance.
The noise level in the office / facility is usually quiet, but can be loud due to client participation and groups. The work environment is primarily within an indoor facility with occasional exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to outreach or meeting sites, or when participating in special program activities.
A comprehensive program of counseling and support for those who have been diagnosed, their family, and/or significant others... read more
Date posted: 2/13/2019