Provide intensive case management support for HIV+ clients who need in-depth case management assistance and HIV treatment adherence support
Connect clients to appropriate medical services, make appropriate referrals, transport clients to medical appointments and assist them in overcoming obstacles to care
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
You can make a real difference in the life of people severely afflicted with HIV! As a CCBC HIV Case Manager you will help clients break through barriers to treatment adherence, help them obtain the assistance they need, while making a meaningful impact in their lives.
Client Health Services is now hiring two full time Intensive Case Managers. You would provide intensive support for clients who need in-depth case management assistance and HIV treatment adherence support.
- Provide case management for individuals, including referrals to and follow up with local medical, mental health, community support and assistance programs.
- Ensure programmatic accessibility of services for all persons, including those with disabilities, or whose first language is not English.
- Ensure that services are accurate and linguistically appropriate for the targeted populations.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained in all aspects of case management and linkages.
- Assist clients in the application process of entitlement programs and health insurance benefits, as well as accompany/transport clients to medical appointments as needed.
- Attend and participate, at the discretion of the Program Director, any appropriate community-based organizations to ensure optimal linkage and collaboration within the service area.
- Attend weekly/monthly administrative supervision with the Program Director and attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend Massachusetts Department of Public Health mandated case management training(s), clinical supervision, remain up to date with electronic trainings via Relias (CCBC) and via eLMS (MDPH online training forum) and other appropriate trainings.
- Maintain updated client files, ensuring that all necessary electronic records (via eHana) and MDPH required documentation is current, including weekly data entry into CAREWare, MDPHs’ data entry system.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills; Flexible, while willing to meet clients where they are at.
Education / Training:
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in human services, psychology, or related field preferred but not required. Case management training in areas of HIV treatment adherence and viral suppression, substance use and recovery support, and mental health disorders is highly preferred.
2-3 years of experience providing case management support to diverse populations with varying medical and behavioral health needs.
Other Job Requirements:
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee's assigned department; Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision, and ability to focus. The employee is expected to drive a personal vehicle and maintain proper vehicle insurance.
The noise level in the office / facility is usually quiet, but can be loud due to client participation and groups. The work environment is primarily within an indoor facility with occasional exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to outreach or meeting sites, or when participating in special program activities.
A comprehensive program of counseling and support for those who have been diagnosed, their family, and/or significant others... read more
Date posted: 5/4/2022
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780