Help us make emergency behavioral health services accessible in the community
Create a viable service alternative to hospital emergency departments
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
The Taunton/Attleboro Emergency Service Program (ESP) is looking for a full-time clinician providing solution focused and motivational interventions to those experiencing a behavioral health and/or a substance abuse stressors. Our office is located in Norton, MA. The position offers flexible hours and requires some weekend commitment. Licensure supervision is available and opportunities for growth and develop include learning/training opportunities, mentoring new staff and training interns.
As a Clinician supporting the Emergency Service Program (ESP), you'll have unparalleled support and learning opportunities working with a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, supervisors, psychiatric staff, nurses and those with lived experience. You will look to best practices as you assist with crises in the office, emergency departments and community settings, evaluating and recommending solution-based treatment options. IA.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of youth and adults and provide a diagnosis foundation, consistent with the DSM V and ICD-10 along with specific recommendations determining level of care based upon medical necessity criteria
- Navigate levels of care and insurance coverage to assist individuals getting access to care.
- Provide brief, solution-focused interventions and reassess current level of need with individuals waiting for higher level of care treatment
- Post-crisis evaluation over a seven-day intervention period for youth and families deemed appropriate to return to the community
- Work collaboratively with family partners to provide resources/referrals, support, and psycho-education to youth and families
- Assist with safety planning over the course of the seven day intervention period and outside the evaluation/intervention period
- Consult with supervisor and or consulting psychiatrist with regard to level of risk, disposition planning and transfer to appropriate resources or level of care
- Attend community-based meetings in conjunction with youth, their families, and providers to assist with advocacy and addressing safety concerns
- Complete collateral contacts with an individual's providers
- Understand different treatment modalities that can be applied to stabilize clients in their community and prevent hospitalization
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical supervision, staff meetings, staff development, and training curriculum
- Licensure Supervision and CEUs available
Master's degree in psychology, social work, counseling psychology or closely related discipline. Licensed as a LMHC, LCSW, or LICSW - Massachusetts preferred but not required. IA.
- A year of experience working with youth and their families in a clinical role within a mobile delivery system preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with utilizing Child Behavioral Health Initiative services
- Able to provide clinical care and support to youth and their families to prevent hospitalization and stabilize youth in the community
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Experience with computers, specifically Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems preferred
When a person is suffering the pain of acute psychiatric disorder or other traumatic life circumstance, immediate intervention can minimize distress and disruption... read more
Date posted: 8/24/2020
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780