Help us make emergency behavioral health services accessible in the community
Create a viable service alternative to hospital emergency departments
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
Seeking FT, PT and per diem LPNs for 24-hour, 8-bed crisis stabilization unit located in Norton, MA. This is a short term, voluntary, no restraint psychiatric program for individuals who are experiencing acute psychiatric treatment needs which do not require a hospital level of care. There is unparalleled support and learning opportunities working with a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, physicians and nurses.
- Administer and monitor medications
- Review referrals with the Nurse Manager and psychiatry team
- Complete client admissions, discharges and transfers
- Collect patient data and participate in treatment planning
- Provide nursing care and serve to educate clients with respect to the use of psychiatric medication
- Utilize community resources and referral to empower clients to achieve their highest level of independent functioning
Unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse in Massachusetts at the time of appointment and continuously throughout tenure in position (or must be eligible to obtain LPN licensure by time of hire).
When a person is suffering the pain of acute psychiatric disorder or other traumatic life circumstance, immediate intervention can minimize distress and disruption... read more
Date posted: 2/1/2021