Coordinate treatment plans and provide direct care
Facilitate a therapeutic milieu through meetings and groups
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC is hiring a Recovery Support Specialist for our new Co-Occurring Enhanced Residential Rehabilitation Services (COE-RRS) Program. The hours are 7am-3pm, Sunday through Thursday.
Staff will be responsible for coordinating the individual's treatment plan, providing direct care, coverage and milieu supervision, facilitating a therapeutic milieu through meetings and groups, and addressing care coordination and aftercare needs.
Responsible for providing direct services to program clients and program service delivery including:
- Applicants should have knowledge of substance use disorders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism and boundaries
- Conduct and document groups
- Complete client admissions
- Complete property searches, monitor clients while maintaining a therapeutic, safe and calm unit
- Observation and accounting of patients at all times insuring safety (hourly checks) as well as documentation
- Preparing meals for all residents
- Provide transportation to and from appointments
- Provide medication observation pass with all residents
- Conduct weekly grocery shopping for the program
- Attends required meetings and mandatory trainings
This position requires a bachelor's degree or experience or specific skills related to the delivery of rehabilitation, support, or housing service elements; Familiarity with housing first, recovery and rehabilitation principles.
Must have at least two years of human services related work with at least one year with adults who have a history of mental illness/and substance misuse; Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal and computer skills. Experience in running groups preferred.
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee's assigned department; Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
Apply Now - Send Resume & Cover Letter
Community Supportive Housing
To choose where you live, how it is furnished, with whom you share it – why should mental illness deprive anyone of these basic rights... read more
Date posted: 5/17/2023
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Monica Leonardo, Program Director of COE/RRS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780