Description of Position
Specialized in the areas of Employment or Education, Skills Coaches are responsible for helping Members learn and use important skills that can improve the quality of their lives particularly in regards to their educational and employment skills and ambitions. You will be an educational and employment advisor, as well as a life coach, using an organized learning curriculum with those you serve to improve their social skills, money management, self-help, and other skills for daily life.
- Perform the specialized role pertaining to either education, vocational, job development, or activities of daily living (ADL) as assigned by program leadership.
- Facilitate member driven services throughout all Clubhouse routines / activities. Ensure all required service components are integrated in the weekly schedule.
- Assist the array of employment and education services offered at the Clubhouse.
- Assist in development and implementation of Action Plans and treatment groups based upon completion of a comprehensive assessment and Person-Centered Planning.
- Work cooperatively with referral sources to evaluate and coordinate the appropriate admission and treatment of all members referred to the Clubhouse program.
- Foster community linkages with community resources and other providers of service.
- Attend and facilitate Action Plan meetings ensuring a person centered approach.
- Ensure the implementation and accountability of policy and procedures that program staff adhere to.
- Ensure ongoing program compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensure proper safety and maintenance of the building.
- Act as liaison between Clubhouse, Department of Mental Health care providers and all outside treatment providers.
- Perform duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
- Perform duties to reflect agency/program policies and procedures.
- Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by the supervisor.
- Two to Three years of experience working in a community setting with individuals with psychiatric challenges. A familiarity with the principles of rehabilitation and recovery model required.
- Bilingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Cape Verdean Creole and/or Haitian Creole desired.
- Educational and vocational training, experience, or credentials with 1-2 years of experiencing working in educational and vocational support settings.
- Ability to relate to a diverse membership in a manner that respects individual’s human dignity. Effective critical thinking and communication skills.
- Lived experience desired
- Company and Program Compliance trainings must be completed annually.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required or must be obtained within 4 weeks of employment.
- CPI - Nonviolent Crisis Intervention is required or must be obtained within 12 weeks of employment.
- Specialized educational and vocational trainings to be completed and maintained.
- The ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods and to move equipment and supplies (up to 40lbs) from floor level to approximately four feet above floor level
- The manual dexterity and visual acuity to promptly and effectively complete keyboarding tasks on a personal computer, and to effectively use the telephone system, mobile devices and other office equipment
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs while transporting supplies
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of core competencies as identified by the employee's assigned department
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president. The employee is expected to drive a personal vehicle and maintain proper vehicle insurance.
- Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process
- Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position
Date posted: 6/8/2022
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780