Description of Position
Clubhouse LADC are responsible for helping Members learn and use important skills that can improve the quality of their lives. You will support Members to overcome the past, and provide the skills and strategies needed to overcome addiction while using an organized learning curriculum with those you serve to improve their social skills, money management, self-help, emotional regulation, and other skills for daily life.
- Assess and track clients’ stages of change and stages of treatment readiness.
- Facilitate member driven services throughout all Clubhouse routines / activities. Ensure all required service components are integrated in the weekly schedule.
- The LADC will work collaboratively with persons served to understand how addiction and/or substance impact all areas of life.
- LADC will address the level of use and potential risk, the current impact of substances or addictive behaviors, and the client’s readiness for change.
- Addressing consequences of use regardless of stages of change and supporting readiness, relapse prevention and long-term recovery.
- The LADC will provide community based resources for any addiction and/or substance abuse related concerns and/or consequences as needed by the person served.
- Conduct and support the conduction of Duel Recovery Anonymous (DRA) meetings.
- Assist in the array of employment and education services offered at the Clubhouse.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Action Plans and treatment groups based upon completion of a comprehensive assessment and Person-Centered Planning.
- Work cooperatively with referral sources to evaluate and coordinate the appropriate admission and treatment of all members referred to the Clubhouse program.
- Foster community linkages with community resources and other providers of service.
- Attend Action Plan meetings following a person centered approach, while providing input regarding barriers to education and employment that substance use disorders cause.
- Perform duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
- Perform duties to reflect agency/program policies and procedures.
- Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor.
- Two to Three years of experience working in a community setting with individuals with psychiatric challenges. A familiarity with the principles of rehabilitation and recovery model required.
- Bilingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Cape Verdean Creole and/or Haitian Creole desired.
- Educational and vocational training, experience, or credentials with 1-2 years of experiencing working in educational and vocational support settings.
- Ability to relate to a diverse membership in a manner that respects an individual's human dignity. Effective critical thinking and communication skills.
- Lived experience desired
- Company and Program Compliance trainings must be completed annually.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required or must be obtained within 4 weeks of employment.
- CPI - Nonviolent Crisis Intervention is required or must be obtained within 12 weeks of employment.
- Specialized educational and vocational trainings to be completed and maintained.
- The ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods and to move equipment and supplies (up to 40lbs) from floor level to approximately four feet above floor level
- The manual dexterity and visual acuity to promptly and effectively complete keyboarding tasks on a personal computer, and to effectively use the telephone system, mobile devices and other office equipment
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs while transporting supplies
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of core competencies as identified by the employee's assigned department
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president. The employee is expected to drive a personal vehicle and maintain proper vehicle insurance.
- Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process
- Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position
Date posted: 6/8/2022
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780