Support job seekers to identify vocational interests and strengths
Provide job coaching and ongoing supports
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC is seeking a Vocational Peer Specialist to provide CIES services to our clients.
- Support Job Seekers to engage in CIES/CIES DMH-ACCS.
- Support job seekers to identify vocational interests and strengths.
- Participate in person centered meetings.
- Participate in providing community based assessments as assigned.
- Provide job coaching and ongoing supports as assigned.
- Serve as a mentor to promote hope, resiliency, empowerment, and recovery through work.
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership
Certification as a Certified Peer Specialist is expected within 6 months of hire. Training in Supported Employment (IPS) and in Vocational Illness Management and Recovery (VIMR) will also be completed within 6 months of hire. Certification as Vocational Peer Specialist will be provided within 6 months of hire. Knowledge of the vocational recovery process and core values of recovery are necessary.
Must have lived experience as a person in recovery with at least two years of sustained recovery time. Must have at least 2 years of paid work experience in any field and 2 years of experience as a Peer Specialist in a community based program. Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal, and strong computer skills. Experience providing employment services preferred.
Date posted: 7/9/2019
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780