Connect with employers in the community to establish and maintain ongoing partnerships
Engage Job Seekers to establish trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
CCBC is seeking a Job Development Specialist to provide CIES services to our clients. The Job Development Specialist works as a member of the CIES Team to develop and implement job placement strategies for individual job seekers. The Job Development Specialist understands the local and regional labor market, hiring trends, and staffing needs through frequent contact with current employer partners, as well as development of new partnerships driven by the Job Seeker's employment goals.
- The Job Development Specialist will spend 80% of each day connecting with employers in the community served to establish and maintain ongoing partnerships.
- Engages Job Seekers to establish trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment consistent with the job seekers skills, abilities and preferences.
- Informs the Job Seeker/ CIES Team about employers who hire to fill positions that match the Job Seekers targeted job during the Career Exploration and Engagement component.
- Provides detailed information about skills, structure, and employer expectations for the Job Seeker’s targeted job.
- Develops and directs Job Search plan with the Job Seeker and CIES Team.
- Supports Job Seeker through the interview process for competitive jobs.
- Discusses with the job seeker his/her preferences of program disclosure/disabilities.
- Conducts job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the skills, interests, and uniqueness of the Job Seeker.
- Develops a job support plan with the Job Seeker to maintain employment.
- Provides education and support to employers as agreed on by the Job Seeker that may include negotiating job accommodations and follow along contact with the employer.
A minimum of two years of experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with employers, industry organizations, and public agencies to identify employment opportunities that match the skills and abilities of individual job seekers with disabilities. Must have at least two years of experience providing community based services to individuals with severe mental illness. Must possess excellent organizational skills, effective written, verbal, and computer skills. Ability to work as an effective team player is essential.
Date posted: 10/2/2019
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780