Community Counseling of Bristol County (CCBC), a leading provider of behavioral health services in Southeastern Massachusetts, is looking for a talented individual to join its senior management team as its next Chief Operating Officer (COO).
CCBC has experienced exponential growth over the past decade, developing and providing innovative community services across the lifespan while establishing a reputation for delivering the highest quality behavioral health care for individuals and families served. In the process, we have created an amazing team of professionals delivering evidence based, trauma-informed care in schools, homes, hospitals, the community, alongside police, and within our outpatient offices. We are a non-profit community mental health center serving 50 communities in Massachusetts and growing. CCBC provides outpatient, urgent care, care management, and mobile crisis intervention services to adults and children overcoming depression, anxiety, mood disorders, substance abuse, trauma and many other conditions hindering overall health and personal fulfillment.
As COO, you will be our:
- Growth Leader-Identifying opportunities for growing our organization, developing and expanding current programs, and developing new programs
- Quality Steward-Making sure our spectrum of services is delivering value and quality
- Fiscal Monitor-Supporting budget development and fiscal monitoring activities
- Mission Ambassador-Modeling the values, vision and mission of the agency to both internal and external constituents.
At CCBC, you will develop and lead programs across the agency, provide clinical direction and support, and oversee activities connected to clinical functions, quality, compliance, fiscal performance and human resources. Our COO also works closely with our management team on operations, planning, and oversight of our locations throughout Southeastern Massachusetts. Our ideal candidate is a clinical leader whose leadership style is inspiring, collegial and accountable. We have an open-door culture that encourages communication, mutual respect, and transparency. You must have great interpersonal communication skills, and a passion for serving others. We also pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and equity inclusion (DEI) as this role works closely with our employee affinity groups.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of strategies and initiatives to help the organization flourish and grow in a changing health services environment including proposal development and identification of new funding streams
- Budget development; fiscal monitoring and analysis in conjunction with CFO
- Oversight of all quality assurance programs and the maintenance and development of revenue streams to sustain growth
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management for both business and clinical operations that mirrors the mission of the organization
- Ensure proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization
- Work in tandem with CEO to represent the organization with external constituency groups, including community, government, and private organizations
- Develop short- and long-term goals/objectives and strategic plans across agency and approaches to accomplish them
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the organization
- Attract, recruit, onboard and support management talent
- Lead and coordinate the research, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of significant projects and organizational change efforts
- Master’s degree in human services, preferably counseling psychology or social work
- Minimum of five years of senior level management experience and at least three years of direct program oversight
- Skilled in budget development and fiscal monitoring
- Experience working in conjunction with state entities/authorities such as DMH and DPH
- Experience supervising clinical staff operating multiple programs across a behavioral health organization.
Apply Now - Send Resume & Cover Letter
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Community Counseling of Bristol County, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veterans’ status, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. CCBC makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Date posted: 3/17/2023
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
COO Search (COOsearch@comcounseling.org)
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780