Description of Position
The CP Recovery Support Navigator (RSN) provides support to Enrollees; is a member of the Care Planning Team (CPT); assists in the implementation of the Patient-Centered Treatment Plan (PCTP); communicates with the members of the CPT to ensure the implementation of the PCTP; helps to coordinate the delivery of available services; and provides updates to the PCTP.
The RSN works intensively with identified Enrollees as the center of accountability for ensuring that services and supports are coordinated across systems and providers. The RSN assists in care planning and coordination, which is driven by the needs of the Enrollee. The RSN has specialized knowledge and experience with recovery from substance use disorders and of the services available to treat substance use disorders.
- Outreach and Engage Assigned Enrollees using techniques of Motivational Interviewing.
- Work collaboratively with Enrollee, family, behavioral health providers, and Primary Care Clinicians to complete Comprehensive Assessment (CA) and with Care Team to complete Patient Centered Treatment Plan (PCTP).
- Follow up with Enrollee, provider, family, social service providers, and natural community supports to ensure PCTP is implemented.
- Attend discharge planning meetings when Enrollee is at Emergency Department or Inpatient settings.
- Advocating for the Enrollee’s access to services.
- Facilitate sharing of CA and PCTP and updating as required with members of the care team using available technology and adhering to CCBC, State and Federal policies and regulations.
- Documenting activity in the CCBC Care Management Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Module.
- Facilitate Enrollee peer support groups involving discussions, guided discussions, and group activities.
- Providing telephone peer support to Enrollees in crisis as needed.
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field as designated by CCBC, or as waived by CCBC with appropriate human services experience and/or language ability. The RSN must have experience in navigating Enrollee-serving systems and experience advocating for identified Enrollees who are involved with behavioral health systems; good organizational skills, plus effective written, verbal and computer skills; experience navigating serving systems and the ability to teach identified Enrollees who are involved with behavioral health systems; experience working with consumers with chronic medical conditions and consumers with co-occurring substance use disorders; recognition of individualized path to recovery that may include harm reduction; ability to use personal experience appropriately; and recognition of personal limits and stressors to maintain sobriety and abstinence.
Knowledge of Core-Competencies as identified by the employee’s assigned department; Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles, as determined by the department vice president; must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; and must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position.
Date posted: 3/12/2018
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780