Provide support to clients with serious, persistent mental illness in group living environments
Consult with MAP certified staff, conduct assessments, and assist with development of treatment plans
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
The ACCS Nurse provides support to clients in DMH ACCS program who reside in Group Living Environments and the community who live with serious, persistent mental illness diagnoses. Nurse is consultant for MAP certified staff, conducts assessments, and assists with development of treatment plans to include health and wellness goals. ACCS Nurse coordinates care with providers and facilities to assist clients to transition between levels of care for medical and psychiatric needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess overall physical health of consumers;
- Conducts health assessments;
- Provides supportive supervision to the Lead MAP Specialist;
- Completes all other assessments which are appropriate for the nurse scope of practice (as part of comprehensive assessment & on an ongoing basis);
- Works with consumers and staff in developing and implementing person-centered individual treatment plans which include goals to address physical health issues;
- Take the lead role in the direction, coordination, & provision of physical health treatment as stated in the treatment plan;
- Collaborating with consumer's physical health providers;
- Build relationships with medical providers in the community, which will provide the team with a network of physical health resources;
- Identifies symptoms and medication side effects;
- Provide education to consumers, families, and other team members about mental illness, physical health, medications and side effects;
- Take lead role in coordinating and providing the team's medication administration services;
- Collaborates closely with the ACCS Team Psychiatrist in assessment, treatment planning, medication issues, general healthcare, medical and psychosocial approaches, and a review of each ACCS client's progress and treatment.
Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing, licensed as an RN in Massachusetts and at least three years of experience in working with adults with serious, persistent mental illness.
Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position; Must be flexible with hours to support staff and clients in a program that operates 24/7/365.
Date posted: 5/15/2019
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780
The ACCS program will deliver evidence based interventions within the context of a standardized, clinically focused model to promote:
- Active engagement and assertive outreach to prevent homelessness;
- Clinical coverage 24/7/365 days a year
- Consistent assessment and treatment planning
- Risk assessment, crisis planning and prevention
- Skill building and symptom management,
- Behavioral and physical health monitoring and support
- Addiction treatment support;
- Family engagement;
- Peer support and recovery coaching
- Reduced reliance on emergency departments, hospitals and other institutional levels of care.