An exciting opportunity to join the newly-developed ACCS programs within the state
Provide supervision to clinical, nursing, substance abuse, and non-clinical staff
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
The Program Director provides administrative supervision to lead/supervisory clinical, nursing, and substance abuse staff and administrative and clinical supervision to non-clinical staff to support ACCS program that provides a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to adults with chronic mental illness and some with co-occurring addictions, and/or chronic medical problems. The Program Director is a member of a multidisciplinary team that also includes a prescriber, nurses, vocational specialists, licensed social workers, housing specialists, addictions specialists and recovery specialists. This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly-developed ACCS programs within the state, offering career development in an evidenced-based practice model.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Along with the team psychiatrist, provides clinical leadership to the ACCS team in assessment, treatment planning, general healthcare, medical and psychosocial approaches;
- Direct the day-to-day clinical operations of the team:
- provides direct supervision of team members;
- scheduling staff work hours to assure appropriate coverage;
- lead daily team meetings & treatment planning meetings;
- continuously evaluate status of all consumers & do appropriate coordination of treatment to meet their changing needs.
- Coordinate with Lead Clinician to manage clients admission & assessment processes:
- ensure timely schedule admission interview;
- Use of management tools to help ensure the team’s philosophy and goals are in accordance with the ACCS model;
- Participate in staff recruitment, interviewing, hiring, orientation, performance plans;
- Supervise the medical record documentation to ensure quality and accuracy;
- Provide on-call crisis interventions and back up according to team’s policy;
- Participate in engaging and motivating team clients in all of the treatment goals of the client while providing direct service;
- Supervise the ACCS Team in maintaining agency required productivity standards;
- Supervise the completion of all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with agency guidelines.
Master’s degree in human services related discipline; Licensed as an LCSW, LICSW or LMHC by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; at least five years experience in the behavioral healthcare field; experience providing supervision and/or leadership.
Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position; Must be flexible with hours to support ACCS staff and clients in a program that operates 24/7/365 with on-call responsibilities.
Date posted: 6/7/2019
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780
The ACCS program delivers evidence based interventions within the context of a standardized, clinically focused model to promote:
- Active engagement and assertive outreach to prevent homelessness;
- Clinical coverage 24/7/365 days a year
- Consistent assessment and treatment planning
- Risk assessment, crisis planning and prevention
- Skill building and symptom management,
- Behavioral and physical health monitoring and support
- Addiction treatment support;
- Family engagement;
- Peer support and recovery coaching
- Reduced reliance on emergency departments, hospitals and other institutional levels of care.