FULL TIME & PART-TIME/PER DIEM positions available in the following locations: Fall River and Taunton.
Flexible schedules available. CCBC offers generous paid time off, including 12 paid holidays, sick time, and three weeks of vacation the first year of employment.
NOTE: LMHCs with one year of completed/documented supervision and MSW graduates are encouraged to apply to our Pathway to Licensure Track – new MSW grads welcome!
Description of Position
Seeking Social Workers/Licensed Mental Health Counselors for our Department of Mental Health Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) program, a community based program for mentally ill adults in the Taunton/Attleboro service area.
Summary of duties include:
- Process referrals to program for screening and enrollment into program;
- Conduct and complete assessments utilizing standardized documents, with a strengths-based, recovery oriented, person-centered approach;
- Develop and write treatment plans in collaboration with clients and team staff;
- Provide direct interventions and skills training in individual and group settings;
- Coordinate care to clients through teaching and modeling with direct care staff;
- Support assigned caseload using evidence-based practices;
- Encourage, facilitate and support client participation in ACCS programming and other recovery programming within the community;
- Present case assessments at integrated team meetings and DMH meetings;
- Develop risk assessments, safety, crisis prevention, and relapse prevention plans with clients;
- Assist staff in triaging crisis situations;
- Make referrals to specialized staff within ACCS and to other care providers;
- Facilitate communication and coordination efforts with care entities;
- Complete documentation in a timely manner, including incident reporting;
- Maintain competencies in Human Rights, Dual Diagnosis, CPR, First Aid, and attend in-service trainings; and
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership.
Three years of human services related experience of which two years has been with the adult mentally ill population, including dual diagnosis with addiction, and experience implementing evidence-based practices (including Motivational Interviewing, SBIRT, Seeking Safety, Medication Assisted Treatment, Illness Management and Recovery, CBT and/or DBT, and familiarity with Medicaid Rehab Option requirements).
Must be willing and able to supervise licensed or license-eligible staff and/or interns with similar job descriptions and assist direct care staff with implementation of evidence-based practices.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the assessment and treatment of adults with mental illness and co-occurring disorders. Must possess good organizational skills and effective written, verbal, and computer skills as well as a progressive recovery orientation. Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and complete the MA and ADP CORI process.
Date posted: 3/24/2021
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780
The ACCS program delivers evidence based interventions within the context of a standardized, clinically focused model to promote:
- Active engagement and assertive outreach to prevent homelessness;
- Clinical coverage 24/7/365 days a year
- Consistent assessment and treatment planning
- Risk assessment, crisis planning and prevention
- Skill building and symptom management,
- Behavioral and physical health monitoring and support
- Addiction treatment support;
- Family engagement;
- Peer support and recovery coaching
- Reduced reliance on emergency departments, hospitals and other institutional levels of care.