Perform clinical needs assessments, mental status and risk documentation, and write treatment plans
Implementing evidence-based practices and assist unlicensed staff with clinical approach to client support
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
Seeking Licensed Clinical Staff for Adult Community Clinical Services program for offices located in Taunton and Attleboro.
- Process referrals for enrollment to orient and engage clients into program including screening for risk, safety, and other immediate needs;
- Conduct and complete assessments and mental status exams using standardized documentation with a strengths-based, recovery oriented, person-centered approach that accommodates client preferences;
- Develop, write, and revise treatment plans in collaboration with each client and client’s natural supports of his/her choosing as well as with Team Staff;
- Provide direct interventions and skills training individually and in group settings;
- Coordinate care to clients through teaching and modeling with direct care staff;
- Support assigned caseload of clients using evidence-based practices;
- Encourage, facilitate, and support client’s participation in ACCS programming and other recovery oriented programming within the community;
- Present case formulations and summarized assessments at Integrated Team, Leadership, and Department of Mental Health meetings;
- Develop Risk Assessments, Safety and Crisis Prevention Plans, and Relapse Prevention Plans with clients;
- Assist staff in triaging crisis situations and discharge planning from inpatient settings;
- Make referrals as needed to specialized staff within the ACCS program as well as to care providers;
- Facilitate communication and enhance coordination efforts with Care Entities;
- Complete documentation in a timely fashion, including incident reporting;
- Maintain competencies in Human Rights, Dual Diagnosis, CPR, First Aid, and attend in-service trainings as related to general job responsibilities;
- Other duties as defined by agency and/or program leadership.
Masters degree in related discipline; Must be Licensed as an LCSW, LICSW, LDAC-1, or LMHC by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. License-eligible applicants will be considered if licensure is on track for completion within 12 months or less of hire date.
Must possess good organizational skills, effective written, verbal and computer skills; Experience with implementing evidence-based and promising practices such as Motivational Interviewing, SBIRT, Seeking Safety, Medication Assisted Treatment, Illness Management, and Recovery, CBT, Familiarity with Medicaid Rehab Option requirements preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position; Bilingual skills a plus.
Date posted: 1/7/2019
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780
The ACCS program will deliver evidence based interventions within the context of a standardized, clinically focused model to promote:
- Active engagement and assertive outreach to prevent homelessness;
- Clinical coverage 24/7/365 days a year
- Consistent assessment and treatment planning
- Risk assessment, crisis planning and prevention
- Skill building and symptom management,
- Behavioral and physical health monitoring and support
- Addiction treatment support;
- Family engagement;
- Peer support and recovery coaching
- Reduced reliance on emergency departments, hospitals and other institutional levels of care.