Provide assistance in self-help training and therapeutic treatments per treatment plan
Promote pro-social behaviors, observe and document behavior, medication, and progress
A short commute from both Boston and Providence
Description of Position
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides nursing assistant level of care to clients within an Intensive Medical Group Living Environment (IMGLE). CNA provides assistance to persons living in IMGLE in self-help training and therapeutic treatments per treatment plan. Assistance with ADLs, promotion of pro-social behaviors, observation and documentation of behavior, medication, and progress. IMGLE serves clients with complex medical care needs who are also diagnosed with a serious, persistent mental illness. IA.
A certified nursing assistant's (CNA) main role is to provide basic care to persons, as well as assist them in daily activities they might have trouble with on their own, such as bathing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bathe and dress patients;
- Serve meals and help patients eat;
- Take vital signs;
- Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden;
- Collect information about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers, nurses and doctors;
- Provide and empty bedpans;
- Lift patients into beds, wheelchairs, exam tables, etc.;
- Answer patient calls;
- Examine patients for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds;
- Clean and sanitize patient areas;
- Change bed sheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies.
- High School diploma or GED;
- Completion of a state-approved Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification of training course (Must have Massachusetts Certification).
- Ability to work as part of a team and multitask;
- Good communication skills.
Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and submit a copy of satisfactory record of driving from the state of residence of registry of motor vehicles; Must complete MA and ADP Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) process; Must have computer literacy as related to the requirements of the position; Must be flexible with hours to meet needs of Persons, Natural Supports, and ACCS Program that operates 24/7/365. Bilingual skills a plus.
Date posted: 11/9/2021
For more information about this position, or to send your resume:
Community Counseling of Bristol County
1 Washington St. Taunton, MA 02780
The ACCS program delivers evidence based interventions within the context of a standardized, clinically focused model to promote:
- Active engagement and assertive outreach to prevent homelessness;
- Clinical coverage 24/7/365 days a year
- Consistent assessment and treatment planning
- Risk assessment, crisis planning and prevention
- Skill building and symptom management,
- Behavioral and physical health monitoring and support
- Addiction treatment support;
- Family engagement;
- Peer support and recovery coaching
- Reduced reliance on emergency departments, hospitals and other institutional levels of care.